This website provides information on development plans being brought forward by Glenbrook to expand South Lancashire Industrial Estate in Wigan to create up to 1,200 jobs.
There are significant socio-economic benefits of this scheme including;
- Circa £42m in construction spend, generating £17m gross of GVA at Wigan level and £18.8m for the wider area
- Initial investment of £70 million into Wigan, generating approx. £46.8m of net additional GVA annually
- Fully occupied scheme would generate a £1.2m annual tax income for the Council.
The proposals have evolved following feedback received from stakeholders, statutory consultees and the public during the pre-application consultation undertaken by the project team. The key changes are summarised below;
- Lower building heights restricted to the eastern side of the site with potential for slightly taller buildings in the central and western area
- Widening of the northern landscape buffer to between 28m and 42m to improve planting, visual screening and biodiversity mitigation
- The north eastern landscape buffer has also been reprofiled to a single graded bank over an existing ditch, that would be culverted - previously the ditch was retained and the landscape bund would have been much smaller
- Widening of the eastern landscape buffer by the retained pedestrian access, to improve visual screening and biodiversity mitigation
- New pond adjacent to Bolton Road reengineered to be permanently wet to improve biodiversity mitigation and amenity value (previously designed as a dry basin that would hold water following heavy rainfall)
Established in 2011, Glenbrook is an award winning privately owned property development company based in Manchester City Centre.
Glenbrook has a professional development team of 14 people. This includes development, project management and finance functions. All Glenbrook schemes are project managed and delivered by Glenbrook's in-house team.
Over the past nine years, the company has developed in excess of £485 million of real estate on behalf of institutional investors such as The Moorfield Group, Barings Real Estate and Clarion Group.